Thursday, January 05, 2012

Recipes


Just wanted to list a few recipes I've really liked recently so they're all in one place.

Sunday we went to a friend's house and needed to bring something in the slow cooker. I had a stockpile of barbecue sauce from a recent sale and some chicken breasts in the freezer so I made this Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue .


It was really good and I've been eating the leftovers for lunch each day. I did make a few changes: I used Sweet Baby Ray's sauce, but since I don't like my BBQ too sweet, I added lots of seasonings to taste, a couple teaspoons of Liquid Smoke and a few dashes of Frank's hot sauce. I can't wait to make it again, this time paired with Melissa D'Arabian's Fennel and Cabbage Slaw.

Picture of Fennel and Cabbage Slaw Recipe

I am usually not a big cole slaw person but I looove this recipe. Again, because it's not too sweet.

I also took this as an appetizer. Soooo yummy and super easy. It can be made the night before.

easy sliced cheese appetizer Easy Marinated Cheese Appetizer Recipe

This is my current favorite muffin recipe. Cappuccino muffins.....it is so, so good. Make it immediately. Seriously.

I made these muffins at Christmas and also used the same recipe to make little bread loaves for friends. Yummo!


Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (Like Starbucks). Photo by boy named Sous


I will be adding more recipes as I can. I love trying out new ones and so do my kids.



No comments: