Tuesday, October 08, 2013

A New Start


I have tried and tried to get my blog caught up. Mostly for my family, so they have a record of our days. You know, since scrapbooking has gone totally by the wayside. Silly me, back when I had 3 children, thought I'd make a book for EACH child as well as a family book per year. And now that I have 7 children, I laugh at the silly mom I was. I barely managed to "mostly" complete a book for Conner when he graduated in 2012. It hit all the highlights anyway, even if it wasn't the perfect chronicle of his life I'd envisioned back when he was a preschooler and I began scrapbooking.

Anyway -- back to my point. I am still going to try to get caught up. But in the meantime, I'm going to just jump back in. If you know me, you know one of my passions is reading. To me, it's as necessary each day as eating, brushing my teeth, or hugging my kids. I simply can't fathom life without it.

I get nearly all of my books from the library. However, I keep seeing these great sites where you can request advanced readers copies of books if you agree to review them. To do that, you have to have a blog. An, ahem, active blog. Yet another reason for me to jump back on the bandwagon.

So I'm going to start posting book reviews on here. As well as recipes, and just life in general. Wish me luck!

No comments: