Such a busy time of year! Every year the sheer volume of things to do surprises me, I don't know why.
And it seems like every single activity we're involved in planned some kind of function this year where we were asked to bring either an ornament, a plate of goodies, a small gift or something for a potluck. So did I do the smart thing and make up a huge batch of cookies or something? Noooo...I had to make/buy something completely different for each one. Usually the night before.
But we did manage to get through it all. And of course it was a lot of fun.
Here are a few pictures from this month:
I attended a Cmas party/ornament exchange for MOPS
Brenna had her very first piano performance at a nursing home
Chase competed in an archery competition for Boy Scouts. He came in second in his division!
We got the tree up and decorated
The boys worked on building an igloo in the backyard
A very dear friend was in town visiting from Florida, and she got to meet Declan for the first time and see how all the other kids have grown
Then she and I (and Declan, of course) got to spend an evening out having dinner and shopping and catching up
And Declan somehow turned 2 months old!!!
We had a few more fun events but I kept either forgetting my camera or batteries!
Tonight we're celebrating as a family here at home, then tomorrow we're off to the mountains to see my parents for a few days.
Merry Christmas to everyone!!
May God Bless you all in the coming year!!
2 comments:
I know how it is this time of year. So much fun but so little time to do it all. Merry Christmas!
I'm a little late, but still wanted to wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I realized this year that what I really miss about Christmas is all the activities we used to be involved in when the girls were little. The boys just aren't in those types of Christmas show/recital types of things...
Post a Comment