Sunday, May 22, 2011

"Barbecue freaks me out"

Another week has flown by. At this week's Dr. appointment, I made slight progress -- 1 cm. dilated. Slow and steady seems to be my body's motto.

Brenna's poor cat, Jasmine, was spayed last Saturday and needed to wear the "cone of shame" for a few days. She did NOT enjoy it. She seems to be healing up well, though, so we have since released her.






Me and the 4 older kids took a kitchen tour of Chik-fil-a on Monday evening. While there, I inquired about their hiring practices. We were told they are hiring right now and Conner was offered an interview on the spot. He looked a little taken by surprise, but agreed to it. It went well, so he had a 2nd interview with a manager on Thursday. That went well, too, and now he waits to hear if he'll get a 3rd and final interview with the owner. He has been working with Scott at his company for a year now, but this would be his first "real" job that he's gotten on his own.


This was the final week at Options, so they just had award ceremonies, yearbook parties and a picnic. Brenna's awards were of course art-related. She has such talent and it definitely didn't come from me or her dad. =)



I got a few good deals at area garage sales on Friday, including a rocking horse for the little boys, a cat toy that Jasmine just loves, and new throw pillows for the couch.









Chase got to go camping for the weekend with his friend and their family. Thankfully, after such a rainy week the weather cooperated and was nice for them, although chilly. Conner spent the weekend bowling and the rest of us cleaned and organized in the garage. We were going through and finding stuff for the baby, curriculum I want to sell at a book fair, and we also hope to have a garage sale of our own soon.


On Saturday, I hit the Old Navy $1 flip-flop sale, then took Scott and Aiden with me to more garage sales, and we found some baby clothes, clothes for the little boys, and a book me and Brenna have been wanting to read together.


I wanted to record and remember a couple funny things Declan has been saying. He learned a song in his little music class and walks arounds singing, "He's got the whole world in his hands", which is adorable. But he also picked up from the Black-Eyed Peas "I got my money in my pocket". LOL


Then at dinner on Friday, somebody mentioned barbecue chips and he piped up with, "Barbecue freaks me out".


Such a turkey.

No comments: