Sunday, May 08, 2011

Busy week and Botanic Gardens

What a week! It felt nonstop. I am at that stage of pregnancy where most activities wear me out very quickly. And yet I keep scheduling us like I'm not. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel, though. A lot of our school-year activities are coming to an end and I see one whole week on our calendar right before the baby is due that is almost completely empty!! Let's see if I can keep it that way.



My parents have been in town for 2 weeks helping my aunt remodel her bathrooms. So Monday-Wednesday Chase worked with them. It really helped my dad out, plus earned Chase spending money for the summer. Conner also worked Monday and Tuesday with Scott.













Tuesday morning Brenna had an early dress rehearsal and her play was that evening. She was one of the main narrators and did such a great job. =) I forgot to get a picture of her with the flowers we bought her.







That day was also Zane & Declan's final Cherub Choir of the year. They have really enjoyed that music class and were sad to see it end. I also fit in a doctors appt. No changes, baby is still snug as a bug and not ready to meet the world yet.

Wednesday was Aiden's 8th birthday. He picked out his meals, and opened presents throughout the day. The gifts were heavily weighted toward Ninjago Legos. He is such a big-hearted boy. He loved everything he got and kept saying thank you.








We decided to go to the park in the morning. It was a little breezy but so nice to get out and play.










Thursday was busy with Options, bowling and swim lessons. Friday was Options for the other 2 kids. I was pretty beat by then but had planned to meet a friend at the Denver Botanic Gardens for a free day. I debated staying home and resting, but decided to go. I'm so glad I did -- the weather was perfect and the younger boys had a fun time.










That evening Scott and I took Aiden out for his birthday dinner at Chili's. Then they helped me grocery shop. That's another task that's getting difficult for me. But we've still got to eat. =)




Saturday brought a much-needed day of relaxation and fun. A friend and I spent the whole day scrapbooking. I'm still hopelessly behind in my scrapbooks, but will keep plugging along. Maybe one day when I'm a grandmother I can get caught up??



Here's hoping for a bit slower week coming up.


No comments: