July 30 - August5
This week it was Aiden and Zane's turn to spend in Walden with Granny and Grandpa. Having two of the kids gone -- especially two energetic boys -- really makes a difference around here. The week started a bit rough with Declan. He didn't seem to know what to do with himself without his older brothers. But as the week went on, his sweet self emerged and I think he really enjoyed getting more one-on-one time with Mommy and Daddy.
One day we went with friends to a local mall that has a great sand area in front. We played for a couple hours until the heat chased us home.



Later in the week, we went with other friends to Discovery Park in Wheat Ridge. My younger kids love the sand and water features at this park.



Brenna and I got to cuddle with little Sarai

The rest of the week included a date night for me and Scott -- we tried a new place, Jack 'n Grill. I really liked their salsa and it was happy hour so the margaritas were 2 for 1. But I thought their entrees were only so-so.
I also went to a meeting for my MOPS book club. We just finished reading "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand. I am glad I read this book. It was slow-going for me in the beginning, but once it picked up I was fascinated. It's a true story about Louis Zamperini and his experiences in World War II. The things he endured and overcame are truly astonishing. And I learned many things about the war, especially Japan's involvement, that I'd never realized before.
Conner worked and spent time with friends. Counting down until college -- less than 2 weeks. I think I'm still in denial about it. He and Brenna also attended the youth group carnival and lock-in at our church. They had a lot of fun, but Brenna came dragging in the house the next morning and went straight to bed for several hours. Poor Conner had to go directly to work. He came home from there and went straight to bed. ;)
We continued watching and enjoying the Olympics. A tradition around here is to color the flags of some of the participating countries. This year it was Aiden, Zane and Declan's turn. They did a great job.

No comments:
Post a Comment