Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm official now

I tend to wait awhile into each pregnancy to visit the doctor. My first 2 pregnancies I went in very early and it seemed to make the pregnancy drag out longer, and I know there's not much the doctor can do in the first weeks anyway.

So today I finally had my first OB appt since we found out we were expecting. I'm right at 13 weeks, and was given a due date of October 20. Which, with my track record, means about a week later. =)

It was wonderful to be able to hear the heartbeat today. It's always a scary moment for me while the nurse searches. But what joy when I hear the loud galloping!

I feel so blessed that God has given us another child.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

That is good news. Heather has just announced she is pregnant again and the babies will be 10 months apart.

Cindy Swanson said...

My "babies" are 28, 25 and 21 now...but how well I remember that thrilling moment when I would hear the first heartbeat! These are exciting days for you...enjoy them and treasure them.

I enjoyed visiting your blog...hope you'll stop by mine when you get a moment!

stacey said...

I'm so happy for you, and praise God for the healthy beat of your baby's heart. :)

MSM said...

My baby (13 years old) was born on October 20!! I can still remember what a beautiful day it was, and how that morning I thought - what a nice day this would be to have the baby. . . (maybe this one of yours will come "on time" )

Congrats!

Emily said...

Congratuations!!!!!!! What wonderful news!

Kristine said...

Robin, what a wonderful day!

Cynthia said...

I'm the same way. With our last one we managed to wait until I was a full 4 months along before we told anyone!