Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hi cow ... hi cow ...

That's what we heard yesterday over and over again. We attended a homeschool field trip to a dairy where they had lots of, you know, cows. So Zane thought he needed to try to greet nearly each one personally. And they had 600 cows.





This is a family-run dairy and it was so interesting to see the process, although I had secretly hoped we'd get to try our hand at milking. But alas, everything is done by machine now.



They have calves born daily. These are some of them, just a couple weeks old. If you held a hand out to them, they would suckle your fingers.


Can you tell Zane enjoyed his chocolate milk sample??


I admit it wasn't easy trooping through the dairy, with this huge belly. But it was very nice to be outside (if you didn't breathe through your nose!!) and have a new experience. I still want to find a place to try milking by hand, though!


1 comment:

Cynthia said...

LOL about greeting each cow!