Woo! A very chilly start today. It was less than 50 degrees when I got up this morning. I actually loved it. Being 34 weeks pregnant any cool air is good air. =)
After sleeping in all summer, it was time to begin arising early again. I struggled a bit -- this was good sleeping weather after all! But I did manage to crawl out of bed in time to spend a few minutes with my hunny before he left for work. Then I got in some time with the Lord. I surely need it as we begin a busy season.
I also had time before the kiddoes awoke to look over my schedule for the day and the week and check emails. Not as much time as I'd have liked since Zane woke up pretty early this morning. He has a runny nose and cough, and just needed the snuggles.
It's been our tradition on the first day to go out to breakfast. Today we went to Krispy Kreme, yum!
Then we went to the park for a few pictures. It was a little cool but the park was nice and empty.
Conner -- 9th grade
Chase--6th grade
Brenna--4th grade
Aiden--Kindergarten
I'm lucky I got Zane to hold still for a couple shots before he spotted the ducks.
After they posed, I let the kids play for a few minutes before we headed home.
I pulled out our new books for the year and we got started. We only did a shortened version for today, and we'll add more as the week goes on.
All in all, a good start to the school year!
5 comments:
What a cool park! Where is it?
Congrats on getting back to the books.
Good luck on a great school year.
Great pics, and great way to start off your school year!
Looks like you've gotten off to a terrific start! Any day with doughnuts AND ducks in it has to be a good day. ;)
B-fast out to celebrate the start of a new year sounds FUN!
Post a Comment