Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm still around

WHY am I finding it so hard to keep up with blogging lately?


Maybe because we're trying some new things in homeschooling. Or because nursing really takes up a good part of my day. Or I don't seem to have much new to blog about. Or I'm just lazy. LOL


Anyway, since this blog was intended to be a sort of scrapbook for our family, I guess I need to do better. Or we'll all wonder years from now what in the world did we do in '09? =)


My mil found out at the beginning of the month that she has breast cancer. The good news is that it's since been determined that it's in the first stage and pretty small. She goes in for surgery on the 22nd so prayers are very much appreciated that it is successful. She is getting closer to God during this time and it's been amazing to watch.


We had an inspector come out Wednesday to see where we could be conserving energy better. It turns out we need a new furnace. Not a surprise, really. So that is on the agenda very soon.


Conner felt like making a change. Here is before and after:










The kids have been taking turns helping me cook dinner. This was Brenna's night:





Friday night we enjoyed the rare treat of getting out with other adults. We went to a comedy show at Madcap theater. I really enjoy their shows as they make it a point to keep them clean and family-friendly. We met friends there for the 9:30 show. We got home at midnight, which is late for us these days. =)



Yesterday I went to MOPS which is always uplifting. We had a speaker talk about birth order. It was interesting, and apparently Scott and I aren't an ideal match. They say it works better for a first-born to married to a middle or youngest child. But Scott is a first-born and I'm an only, which is considered a super first-born. We aren't supposed to be compatible. That strikes me as funny for some reason. We've always enjoyed the fact that we're so much alike.

Tonight Brenna and I are attending the first of eight classes called Secret Keeper Girl. I think it will be a great mother-daughter time for us.

I will try hard to update more often. In the meantime, here's a smile from Declan:




2 comments:

Teresa said...

I hope Scotts mom gets better quickly and we will keep her in our prayers.

Cynthia said...

I want to use our blog as a sort of scrapbook as well, so I've been trying to post more often.

Sorry to hear your mil has cancer.