Monday, March 05, 2012

Cappuccino Muffins


This is my favorite muffin recipe right now. I just made some today and can't wait for morning to have one with a cup of coffee.


CAPPUCCINO MUFFINS

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder (or instant coffee)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini-chips

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins with papers or grease liberally.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, espresso or instant coffee, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, mix milk, butter, egg, and vanilla until combined. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture only until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes for standard muffins, 10 to 12 minutes for mini-muffins.

Cappuccino muffins freeze well.

Yield: 12 muffins or about 48 mini-muffins

2 comments:

Char said...

Those sound so yummy! Lily is being fussy so I think I'll stick her in the front pack and make some, since I just happen to have one Starbucks via in the pantry.

Juliet said...

These look so good, Robin! On another note, I nominated your blog for a Sunshine Award. The 4/21/12 post at my blog (beesymama.wordpress.com) includes your nomination and gives some information about the award. :0)