Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby update time

I had my 32-week appointment today. Very uneventful. All is well, although my blood pressure was just a tad high. Could be the total lack of sleep I got last night thanks to my teething Zane! The baby is doing great.

I will have another quick appt. at 34 weeks, and then my Dr. wants to schedule an ultrasound at 36 weeks. Since my quad screen numbers came back high, they want to check on the baby's size. I am also hopeful they'll be better able to look for the markers for Down's Syndrome at that time. That would still give us 4 weeks to prepare ourselves mentally.

I've been in a good place these past months. I've heard from so many ladies who have told me they tested positive for DS also and their babies were born perfect. So while it's definitely still a possibility, I've chosen not to dwell on it. If he does have DS, that is God's plan and he will equip us to deal with it.

I am slowing waaay down. Stairs are not my friend. Neither is bending over, lifting anything over 20 pounds, or trying to get up from our couch. But what I'm lacking in energy the baby is gaining. He is so active! It's fun for the other kids to see how much he moves.

Only 8 weeks to go! Or based on my previous experiences, 9 or 10. =)



3 comments:

Cynthia said...

YEA! You're in the last stretch.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Wow - almost there. I'm sure the time went quicker for me than for you. LOL

I'm praying for you. I know those thoughts and emotions as you wait to meet the new little one when they've told you to expect DS.

Kristine said...

(((God bless you, Robin.))) Isn't it amazing to know that, whatever the outcome, God has a plan for you, for your baby, for your entire family.