Friday, August 15, 2008

end of summer?

We had maybe 2 inches of rain so far this summer. Isn't that sad? Now in the last 2 days we've had more than that. And it's supposed to continue all weekend.

I'm loving the cooler weather. It makes me want to snuggle on the couch under a blanket and read a book. And it's also making me finally switch gears toward fall. I think I've been in denial that summer's about to end.

I have friends whose kids are already back in school. That's crazy. We start the Tuesday after Labor Day each year. So we still have a couple weeks to play. I'm hoping to fit in some more swimming at least.

On the other hand, I also need to buy school supplies and work out a good schedule for each of us this year. And try to factor a baby into the mix! That should make my schedule fly right out the window, right?

So that's where I am right now -- kind of in limbo. Trying to enjoy the rest of summer while getting ready for fall and baby.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

It's been a little cooler here this week as well. It's amazing how just a cooler temp will make it FEEL like it's time to start school.

Teresa said...

We have been getting tons of rain too and it is cooler though not quite cool enough to get under a blanket. :) School starts in a week for the kids and I have been back for a week already, summer went way too fast.

Salar37_Shushan said...

Hope you get lots of fun time in before the full schedule starts again.

We did some schooling through summer this year, so we never really stopped. Still waiting on a few supplies to get seriously rolling though (mostly the TT stuff. Had to save up for it).

Susan in Va