Sunday, August 31, 2008

curriculum

This is what the kids will be studying this year. (This is mostly for my own records, so feel free to skip this post if you want =)

Conner -- 9th grade

Chase--6th grade

  • Math-U-See
  • Apologia Science -- Astronomy
  • Bible Geography(class at FACE)
  • My Father's World history -- Rome to the Reformation
  • Literature Guides from Progeny Press
  • A Reason for Handwriting
  • Spelling Power
  • Spanish (class at FACE)
  • Chess (class at FACE)
  • Typing

Brenna --4th grade

  • Math-U-See
  • Apologia Science -- Astronomy
  • My Father's World history -- Rome to the Reformation
  • Primary Language Lessons
  • A Reason for Handwriting
  • Reading program (Options class)
  • Spanish (Rosetta Stone--Options class)
  • Sign Language (Options class)
  • Art (Options class)
  • Piano (Options class)

Aiden -- Kindergarten

  • Sing, Spell Read and Write
  • A Reason for Handwriting
  • class at Options

As a family, we'll work on Our 24 Family Ways as a devotion.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

"...skip this post..."? You've got to be kidding! I LOVE curriculum posts and have clicked on some of your links, waiting for them to open as I type this!

I had big plans for Our 24 Family Ways this year too. We did one day out of the four I scheduled last week. So I decided it would be better to do it in the morning. But then we started Revelation at church, and we'll be even attending the Sunday night Bible study so we don't miss any of it. And I decided my kids would start memorizing larger pieces of scripture. And we have been working on relationships already, AND I have to cut back on something. So Our 24 Family Ways goes back on the shelf for now. But I really WANT to do it!

Cynthia said...

Sounds like a GREAT plan. I love reading the posts about what everyone is doing this year.