June 25 - July 1
This week Brenna and Declan were in the mountains at the grandparents. It was definitely quieter without Dex. I kept finding myself looking around for him. He did well up there, overall, but I know Brenna was a little wore out by the end of the week. :)
Zane and Aiden attended a Vacation Bible School all week. Aiden wasn't sure if he wanted to go -- he decided to just try Monday and go from there. He ended up really liking it and attending the whole week. They had theme days so one day they wore their pajamas, one day a costume, one day swimsuits.
Conner had his final follow-up from his appendectomy. It was delayed a couple of weeks because of camps. Liam also had a doctor's appointment for his 1yr checkup. He is doing great, the doctor was very impressed by how easy the visit was. He got 4 immunizations and cried initially, but stopped immediately once the nurse got the bandaids on and I picked him up. She stated, "Best recovery ever."
Chase spent one day at a lake for his friend's birthday. He had a lot of fun, but was a little sunburned and sore from tubing.
We got a bit of break from all the baseball. They had no games this week, only practices. It was really nice to have us all home in the evenings.
I also had a couple outings just for me. I met a friend for coffee one morning and got to hold her precious baby.

Then a few evenings later, I attended a book club meeting at Udi's. Scott also had a day to himself and went golfing with his brother. We've been so busy with stuff for the kids that it was so nice both of us to get to do something fun.
On Saturday morning, I headed out early for the Old Navy $1 flip-flop sale. Stocked up on flip-flops for me and got a couple for Brenna too. Then I went to a couple nearby community garage sales. I didn't find much, but did get a few clothing items for Liam, including some super cute sandals. He wasn't too sure about them and kept trying to pull them off.

The kids also spent time in the pool since it was so incredibly hot outside. Even Liam got to "swim".

2 comments:
Yay for outings for the adults too! :-)
Yay for adult outings too! :-)
Post a Comment