Brenna and Declan came home on Sunday, so I had all my kiddoes back under one roof. That's always such a contented feeling.
Conner was stung by a bee on his foot Sunday night. When he came home from work on Monday, his foot was hugely swollen. We called our pediatrician's office (of course it was after-hours! That's the only time medical emergencies seem to happen in our household), and talked to the triage nurse. She said to keep it elevated and ice it and watch for redness spreading up his foot/leg.

By morning, it was even bigger and blisters were forming near his toes. I called the doctor's office again and took him in. They said it wasn't an allergic reaction -- it was an infection. So he was given steroids and antibiotics, and told to keep it elevated and not to work for a few days.

Thankfully, the next day it was already showing improvement and by Friday, he was able to go back to work. He was rightly frustrated. This is the third medical issue he's had since March. And this is my kid who had never had a broken bone or stitches. I guess he wanted to fit it all in before he left for college.
It's been rough, but I'm so grateful none of the problems were life-threatening. We have insurance, he was able to get good care, and he recovered fully. I know we've been very blessed.
Besides dealing with that, we did also do some fun things this week. On Monday, I picked up my nieces and brought them over to swim. We hadn't seen them since before school got out, so it was really nice for all of us.
Wednesday was the Fourth of July, so Scott had the day off. We didn't want to go to the mountains because of all the fires, and we'd already seen a great fireworks display at the Rockies game in May, so we decided to do something different. And also check a couple items off our summer list.
In the afternoon, we went bowling. I didn't realize until later that it was the first time Zane and Declan had ever bowled. Considering the many hours we've spent in bowling alleys with Conner, that is very surprising. They really enjoyed it and actually, I think Declan won one of the games. :) We won't even talk about how poorly I did. Conner did NOT get his bowling ability from me.


Liam caught a ride on Chase's bowling bag
That evening, we took the kids to the drive-in to see Madagascar 3. We chose not to stay for the next 2 features. We took 2 vehicles so we'd have enough seating and everyone could be comfy.


Chase also got to Water World again one day, and another day I took Aiden, Zane, Declan and Liam to Tiny Town with my friend Charlotte and her family. I have a lot of pictures from when the older kids were little at Tiny Town and really wanted to make sure I had some of the younger set too. After the major heat all week, the cooler mountain air felt amazing.

That evening, the older kids babysat while Scott and I went out for a date. We tried out Lucky Pie in Louisville and then went to the Flatirons Mall. On Saturday, Conner was able to return to work. I got a haircut and Scott worked on the cars. Liam, unfortunately, developed a case of croup so we decided not to go to church.
Sunday Scott and Brenna volunteered at church, Conner had activities with the junior high group he mentors, Chase went rock climbing and later to the movies, and I got to have lunch at Panera with friends.
Later in the afternoon, we went to the library for the kids to turn in their summer reading program papers and get their prizes. There is a great park next door, so we hung out there for awhile. Liam is incredibly fearless and loved the slide. A dinner at 3 Margaritas rounded out our evening.



1 comment:
OUCH! As if a bee sting isn't bad enough!
Post a Comment