Last night before bed with the fever still high, we were comtemplating a doctor visit. It did come down somewhat so we decided to wait until morning. We prayed over him before I put him to bed. Being a typical worried Mommy, I stayed awake listening closely to the monitor. I spent extra time with the Bible and checked on him once or twice.
Finally, I knew I needed rest. And I needed to put his care in the One who loves him even more than I. I went to bed.
He woke me around 2:30 am. Still a fever, but much lower than before. He nursed well and went back to sleep.
He woke next at 7:30, fever-free. And it hasn't returned all day. Praise the Lord! He has been a bit sleepy and maybe less energetic than his norm, but the twinkle in his eye has returned and he spent much of the day playing with his siblings and getting into everything. Never thought I'd miss that so much!!
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)
6 comments:
Poor baby, I am glad he is feeling better.
Thanks, Teresa! We are glad, too. It's so nice to see him back to his rowdy self. =)
I am so glad he is doing better. It is so scary when they are little and sick.
Glad he is doing better! I love the verse you quoted too!
Thanks Gretchen and Emily! It's so hard when they aren't old enough to tell you how they're feeling.
Poor little one. I'm glad he recovered quickly.
Post a Comment