Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tired

I've been meaning to blog but haven't found the time until now. Thursday morning we got up very early and went to my parents' house in the mountains for Thanksgiving. We'd received a light snow the day before and some of the roads were a bit slick. Overall, it was a good trip and we arrived there by lunchtime. My mom had a great meal already prepared so we were able to eat right away. Thanks, Mom! It was delicious.

Friday my mom and I got up at the ghastly hour of 3am. We drove to Laramie, WY, which is the closest "large" city. I love shopping there on Black Friday. No lines, friendly salespeople and they don't run out of the doorbuster sales items. I do NOT shop in Denver on this day.

We got some good deals, had a nice breakfast and drove another hour back into Colorado, to Ft. Collins. It's busier there, but we avoid the stores that get crazy. We finished up our shopping by late afternoon and had a late lunch/early dinner at Macaroni Grill. Yum! It was my mom's first time there and I think she really enjoyed it.

We got back to her house at 8pm, a mere 16 hours after we'd left. We were exhausted, but it was a fun day. We finished up the majority of our Christmas shopping and got to spend the whole day together, which was the best part.

Saturday we left for home. Once we arrived, we unpacked our vehicle and then headed out to help family that had to move unexpectedly. That made for another long day.

Today we went to the early service at church, then Scott had to replace our hot water heater which had gone out. =( While he did that, I helped more with the moving, took the kids to a birthday party, took Brenna to a play rehearsal, and bought groceries.

So I say again, I'm tired. LOL

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Wow being gone 16 hours would wear me out too. My sister and I got up at 3am too but that is just because we wanted to go to Kohls. By 2pm we were ready to collapse and called it a day.