From reading other blogs, it seems so many people already have their tree up. Am I the only one that doesn't feel in the mood for that just yet??
I am making a lot of headway on my shopping, but haven't thought about decorating just yet. Of course, first I have to take my fall decorations down. =)
We had a warm day today but it's supposed to cool down again tomorrow with a chance for more snow. We didn't get much from last week's storm. There was a bit more in Wyoming on the way to my parents', but not much:
Scott is working in Idaho this week. He was able to take Chase with him. His company is great about things like that. So they had a looong 12 hour drive there yesterday. But they are staying in a very nice hotel and Chase got to swim and play pool before bed so he was happy. They should be home by the weekend.
With Chase gone, we're having a light school week. And the plan is to start on making some Christmas gifts, but we haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Okay, now I'm just rambling. =) Maybe playing some Christmas music would put me more in the mood?
4 comments:
You are not alone. My tree is not up, and I haven't decided when to do it. Last year my husband basically forced me to start decorating. Isn't that bad? I enjoy decorating once I start, but sometimes I need a jump or a kick, depending on how you look at it. :)
Thanks for visiting my blog. Good luck on the drawing!
Robin -
Love the pictures of the snow.
I am with you - we are no where near ready to decorate. I think the thought of all the work involved just makes me tired! But, I know within a week or so the boys will be at us to do it - and we'll put on some Christmas music and start pulling out decorations and I'll "ooh and aah" and remember each one.... then WHAM - I'll be in the mood! :) Happens every year!
You mention Wyoming and it makes me want to head West. My Mom actually grew up in Powell (up by Cody) on a homestead there. We visit out there every 4 or 5 years - the last time was 2003. We would love to head there again next summer, but gas prices might stop us. We pull a camper with a 3/4 ton Suburban.... a little pricey gas wise. But, oh, I love Wyoming!
Laura in MO
It still seems too soon to decorate here also. Thanksgiving came early this year so that is what I am blaming the no desire to decorate on.
We are doing very little decorating this year . .just the tree and that's about it . . we are going out of town for Christmas and New Years
Post a Comment