Thursday, May 01, 2008

Baby update




I had my 15week OB appointment yesterday. They drew lots and lots of blood, which actually doesn't bother me. The nurse had to search a bit for the heartbeat again, but once I told her where we found it last time, she got it. 158 bpm.

Last visit was just the nurse. This time I saw my doctor. She's the same OB/GYN I've had since I was 19 years old. She was only able to deliver 2 of my kids -- Conner and Zane -- because with the rest she was either not on call or on vacation.

She was almost more excited about this baby than we were. (Not really, but she was very excited). Which is so nice, rather than questioning the wisdom of having a 6th child, as some have done.

Anyhoo...baby is doing well, as am I. I have had some energy return this week and not much nausea at all. This is usually my favorite trimester, where I feel the best.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for June 3rd, and we're still deciding whether or not we'll find out the gender.



4 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

I'm sooo excited for you! I'm glad that you're beginning to feel better. I'll be praying for you!

stacey said...

So glad everything's going well. I'm sure you can't wait to see the new little one squirming around on the ultrasound screen!

Robin said...

Thanks, Lisa! I've been worried about you -- haven't seen anything on your blog for awhile.

Cynthia said...

Glad the blood draws don't bother you. I always tell them to just have me lay down on a cot right at the beginning otherwise they'll risk me passing out (LOL). It wouldn't be so bad if they could get it on the first try, but NO. They have to stick me 4-5 times in EACH ARM before they get anything. When they start going for my hand, I refuse, and then they usually get someone a bit more experienced to give a few last tries... ACK!