Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial weekend

I hope you all had a great Memorial weekend! We are usually in the mountains visiting my parents, but this year they are remodeling their kitchen so we stayed home. =)



I'm glad we did. We got some projects done around home that have been on my todo list for awhile.



Saturday we hit a couple community garage sales, then visited a garden center for flowers and seeds to plant. In the evening was church and a quick stop at the store.



Sunday was work day. Scott's brother Tony came over and they worked on the dog run all day. Currently our two dogs have the run of the whole backyard but we'd like to actually have that green stuff again -- what's it called? Oh yeah -- grass. LOL So they will have a nice-sized dog run for when we're not home. We also bought a pool last year that I know the kids would love for us to set up.



Meanwhile, I planted flowers and seeds. I've not had much luck in the front of the house before but I'm trying a new area that gets more sun. Wish me luck!



My nieces and nephew were over also and the kids had a great time playing all day long.



Today was a day to relax and have fun. I'm glad we didn't have outdoor plans as it rained most the day. We decided to take the kids bowling and then to CiCi's Pizza for lunch.



And now on to a new week!





1 comment:

Teresa said...

Your weekend sounds similar to mine. It is amazing what you can pack into 3 days.