Saturday, May 24, 2008

Railroad Museum




Our homeschool field trip last week was to the Colorado Railroad Museum. Our tour guides were incredible. Very knowledgeable, and patient even with the youngest and rowdiest of the group.






We got to go inside a good amount of the trains there. And though it wasn't part of the tour, they snuck us on what they call the "Galloping Goose" for a ride.






Some of the old passenger trains were just beautiful inside. Notice the red chairs and chandeleirs.




We've visited this museum before during one of their "Thomas" events. But I have to say this was much, much nicer. There were only a couple other small groups there and we had all the time we needed to explore.


2 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks like fun. I remember taking the kids there.

Cynthia said...

We'll have to go there the next time we're in Denver. I wish I had known about that before our last visit. My dad and the boys would have LOVED to visit it!