Saturday, May 03, 2008

COLD camping

Last night Scott and Chase went on a camping trip with the Boy Scout troop. It wouldn't be so bad except yesterday our high in the city was 44 degrees and it was very windy. In the mountains where they camped, it was much colder and it had recently snowed.


So they, especially Scott, didn't pack with much enthusiasm. They made sure to take many extra layers.






I was SO not envying them when they left. In fact, the rest of us nestled on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate as they pulled out of the driveway. Supportive, aren't we? LOL






They ended up having a good time, though. They said it was very cold overnight, but their sleeping bags kept all but their faces warm. And today dawned sunny and fairly warm.


Chase got to do a lot in a relatively quick trip:
fire-starting:


Log-splitting:



Pellet gun shooting:



and archery (he hit the bulls eye!)


Scott took a turn:



2 comments:

Teresa said...

The activities sound fun but the cold sure doesn't.

stacey said...

Well, from one camper to another, I say it looks like lots and lots of fun! However, I will withhold any future complaints about the weather I may encounter---BRRRRR!!!
LOL