Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Campers...Sad Mom

Both of my older boys are off at church camp this week. Chase left Saturday night. He is going to a camp way out in Arizona, so they had an 18hr bus ride. This is him and his buddy Brian ready to board the bus.



And right before they pulled out:



Conner went to a much closer camp: only 1 hour away. Here he is this morning right before they left:


It's strange so far having both older kids gone at the same time. Brenna is really stepping up to help in their absence. In fact, she is taking care of both her brothers' dogs for them, and earning herself some money in the process.

I know the boys will have fun but I always have a slightly anxious feeling until all my kiddoes are safely home again.

Prayers for their safe travel are much appreciated!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

They will have so much fun and you will miss them a lot. Whenever my 3 leave I am always bored.

Cynthia said...

I remember the first time our dd went off to church camp. It was a LONG WEEK! 18 hours away... wow.. that's a long way from home for a camp.