It is hot, hot, hot here today. 99, I believe we hit. UGH. I don't do well with heat in the best of times, let alone when I'm 6 months pregnant.
We went to the zoo today. What were we thinking?? Actually, it wasn't as bad as it could have been since we went early in the morning. By noon, I was thoroughly wilted, it was scorching hot and we were out of there.
A friend and I do a kid swap each summer. One day she takes my girl to her house to play with her daughter and I take her 2 boys to play at my house with my sons. Another day, we do the opposite.
So today after the zoo, I brought her boys home with me and they fought off the heat in the pool. I hid inside with the swamp cooler on HIGH. In the afternoon we switched our kids back and then Chase was invited by another friend to go with his family to Lakeside amusement park for the evening.
I dropped him at their house and spent the rest of the evening taking Conner to baseball practice and Brenna to soccer practice.
Now it's quiet in the house. All are in bed, and I'm waiting up for Chase to get home.
And it's still hot. UGH.
3 comments:
You should be in that pool with the kids, it feels so good on a hot day. It has been in the 90's for a few months here but I hate to be cold so it works for me.
Love the title! I agree with Teresa--take a float in the pool and let the water lift you off your feet, support your achin' back, and cool you off all at the same time! Praise God for swamp coolers, huh? Although, living in a swamp, I can tell you there's nothing cool about it! So I praise Him for central air conditioning! Whatever works in the middle of July, huh?
I don't handle the heat well either.
Post a Comment