Saturday, December 01, 2007

I am the ugly winner

We had a fun contest at MOPS this morning. Whoever wore the ugliest Christmas sweater won a prize. A friend gave me the idea of checking out the thrift store. I took the kids and they all got into the fun, searching racks upon racks for the tackiest sweater we could find.


Here is what we chose:


And a close-up:


You can't really tell in the pictures, but the sleeves are each a different color, too. I guess it's not TOO bad but just a bit much in the winter festivity department. Maybe one snowman...but 4? And a cat? And I've never really thought of hot pink as a Christmas color before.

But from this ugliness, I did win a very pretty ornament:



It opens up so you can put something inside of it:




And now what do I do with the sweater??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it for next year?

Clean the bathtub with it?

Congratulations, again!

stacey said...

Burn it and put the ashes in the ornament?

Kristine said...

Okay, my first thought on the sweater is that it'd be really cute for a 4 year old!

Maybe you can wash it in reeeeaaaaalllly hot water and shrink it down?

Robin said...

Great ideas! LOL

I think I'm going to be boring and re-donate it to the Goodwill I got it from. =)

Maybe someone else can win with it next year.