Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas Tea

For the past several years, I've attended a Christmas Tea at a local church. Brenna has come with me three years now. This year's theme was "Celebrating the Gift".

They go all out decorating the sanctuary:





Here is a centerpiece:



They serve a wonderful tea. This year's menu included:

Cranberry Apple Scone with Devonshire Cream
Smoked Salmon Mousse in Cucumber Boat
Beef Canape with Dijon on Pumpernickel Bread
Stuffed Cherry Tomato with Ham Salad
Rosemary Chicken & Spinach Pinwheel
Green Chili & Black Olive Pinwheel
Parmesan Cheese Straw
Star Fruit with Pomegranate Seeds
Peppermint Twist Cheesecake Bite
Truffles
English Tea or Cider


Here's a picture of the food:



I was proud of Brenna for trying a bite of everything. I think the only things she didn't like were the scone (can you imagine?? oh well -- I got to eat hers, too) and the beef canape.

We attended this year with my good friend Rachel and her daughter Anna. Here's the girls at the table:



Here they are in one of the decorated areas:


Showing off their fancy dresses:



After we eat, they put on a wonderful program. Our pastor's wife speaks and inbetween each portion of her talk, the band comes out and sings.

It's always a lovely time and even more memorable now that my daughter can go with me.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

The tea looked beautiful this year and the food sounds divine. Tell Brenna she looks beautiful in her dress.

Starrs In Denver said...

What a small world! My parents go to that church and my mom took our oldest (Hope who is 7) to the tea last night! They had a wonderful time and I hope to join them next year. Hope's favorite food was the scones. I'll post a pic of them soon!
~Rose

Robin said...

How funny, Rose! That was actually our home church for 10 years. We just started attending our new church this last year.

You should definitely go to the next one, if you get a chance. It's always very nice.

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh! Thanks for the preview. My mom and I are going next Saturday. I think I'll send the link to your blog so she can see what a treat is in store.

Kristine said...

Oh, everything is lovely, absolutely lovely, Brenna and her friend too! The food looks mouthwatering! What a lovely tradition that the two of you can do together!