Tuesday, October 23, 2007

World Series Mania!

So, sadly enough, we were not able to purchase tickets. Mopsy's blog about sums up my experience. However, her husband did manage to score tickets for Monday's game after all. I'm so happy for them and will live vicariously through their experience if indeed there is a Game 5.

I knew our chances of getting tickets were almost nil. But I made my sons' day by at least trying. For awhile, as we waited for the ticket page to refresh and refresh and refresh, they held out hope of attending their first World Series game. I admit to a tiny thrill of hope, too.

But it was not to be. So we will root for our team from inside where it's warm. And we'll still be wearing our Rockies gear and screaming for our boys in purple.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

At least you gave it a try. Our little town of Saginaw is rooting for the Rockies too, one of our highschool graduates plays for them.

Emily said...

Nothing like watching the game in your jammies while eating a bowl of popcorn and having a cup of hot cocoa while the rest of them are cold :-) I guess I am trying to look at the positive for you :-)

stacey said...

Well, you gave it a go. The prices on the popcorn will be cheaper for you, anyway! GO ROCKIES!!!

Robin said...

Thanks, Emily. =) I didn't really expect to get them anyway but it would have been fun, that's for sure.

Teresa, which player?

Stacey,
Our old church is planning to air the game on their large screens. We may go there with friends which should be fun.

Teresa said...

It is Brad Hawpe #11 in right field, his mom still teaches elementary school her.