Monday, June 09, 2008

Baby update

pregnancy week by week


I did hear back from the Dr. She said my test still came back as high-risk for Down's Syndrome. However, the way they classified high risk is that my chances of having a baby with Down's is 450:1. So the doctor pretty much said this test is pretty nonsensical and to quit worrying. =)

We had already decided not to do any genetic counseling or an amnio. So this just confirmed our decision.

The odds are low for Down's but even if our baby has it, we will rejoice. He is a perfect gift from God.

I want to thank all of you who have commented with your experienes, thoughts and prayers. I have talked to so many women in the past few weeks that also had a positive test and their babies were fine. It's been wonderful to have such encouragement.

I still don't know which due date to go with. The Dr. said we can say the 12th but based on my last period, I'm thinking the 20th is more accurate. So for now that's what I'll use. And if he comes before then, that would be a nice surprise!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Praise God!

You must feel so much relief at this news.

It sounds like you have a healthy little man!

stacey said...

Well, those are pretty good odds, then. :) Can't wait to meet him!

Teresa said...

Wishing this little guy nothing but great health and his mommy an easy delivery.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are sounding better! Sending lots of happy, healthy pregnancy vibes your way!

Cynthia said...

Praying all is well...