Every year my good friend Rachel and I meet up once a week with our broods for some summer fun. Last week we went Cosmic bowling and a few other friends joined us:
Today the plan was for a park that offeres a petting zoo, train and creek the kids can wade in. But after yesterday's 90 degree weather, this morning dawned very cool and rainy. So we ended up at Chuck E. Cheese instead. A lot harder on the wallet but the kids had a great time.
Chuck E. himself stopped by our table. Zane wasn't sure what to make of him.
Here's Rachel challenging her boys at Skee-ball. I think she won. =)
I love the sketch artist machine. This is my favorite photo of the day:
Aiden got the glasses/nose as one of his prizes. He looks so funny, he's been cracking us up all day. Later when we stopped at Target, he wore them throughout the store. One little boy passed us and remarked to his mom, "Ah! That's scary -- he has a moustache." LOL Aiden found that hilarious.
3 comments:
You are amazing women to brave Chuckie Cheese.
CEC is one place I will not go unless somebody invites just the kids, pays for it, drives the kids themselves, books a spa treatment for me while they are gone, and brings them back germ-free and clean, with tummies that aren't nauseated.
A few years ago, I told the kids we'd go in 2008. It seemed so far away. The year is half over. And THEY REMEMBER this promise. In fact, they asked about it on January 1st.
You are such a good mama. Were you going to go to Belleview Park? We love it there.
Yes, Gretchen, the original plan was Belleview. But besides the weather, the train was closed and they are demolishing the park area. Hopefully, to build a new one.
Post a Comment