Saturday, June 07, 2008

promotion

Today we attended a promotion ceremony/graduation for our homeschool group, FACE. Each of the kids had their name announced, what grade they were being promoted to, and received a certificate.

Aiden going from Preschool to Kindergarten:


Brenna from 3rd to 4th grade:

Chase from 5th to 6th grade:


and Conner from 8th to 9th grade:

Then we stayed and watched the seniors graduate. It was an amazing ceremony. The two seniors who spoke shared their hearts, and most importantly, their faith. This is a Christian group, so in the program under each senior's name, they listed their favorite Bible verse. And there were many prayers throughout the ceremony.



My favorite part was as they announced each graduate, their parent(s) would meet the student on the stage and say a few words and present them with their diploma. It was so meaningful, as these parents have been the teachers and know their child better than anyone. Many, many of the parents choked up as did their graduate.

As did I. =)

I could just picture me and Scott up there in 4 years, presenting Conner with his diploma. I already warned my kids to expect major tears from me.

As I sat, I figured out:

--The year Conner graduates (2012), Chase will be going into 10th grade; Brenna will be going into 8th grade, Aiden will be going into 4th grade, Zane will be going into Kindergarten, and the baby will be 3yrs old. Whew!

But I am so amazed that God blessed us with this many children. I feel humbled that I get to watch them learn, and grow, and become the people God has planned for them.

Deut. 6:6-7 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

WOW! How exciting to have one entering high school. Enjoy the time. It FLIES by!