Sunday, June 01, 2008

prayer request

I've been pretty quiet about this, although a few of my good friends know. After my last OB appt. I got a call from the doctor's office. My triple screen test came back positive.

This could mean nothing -- they told me they get a lot of false positives with this test. It could also mean my dates are off. Although I really don't think they are.

Or...it could signify the baby has Down's Syndrome. I am 35, and will turn 36 before the baby is born so this is an increased risk.

I admit to being pretty upset when I first heard the news. Especially when they didn't reschedule my ultrasound -- so that meant a good 3 1/2 week wait for any news. But I think the wait has actually been good.

I've given my worries over to God. I know He planned this baby's life from the beginning. He has a perfect plan for him/her. I just need to cling to that.

So...my ultrasound is Tuesday morning. I'll share the news -- whatever it turns out to be -- later that day.

God Bless,

7 comments:

April Williams said...

Our family will be praying that your baby will be just as God had intended, a joy and blessing. My oldest daughter decided to become a special ed teacher because of the joy she received from working with a little boy that had downs at our last church.

Teresa said...

I am praying for the best news for you on Tuesday. Jerrie did decide not to get this test because of the false positives so hopefully that is all this is. Of course elevated levels can also indicate twins. I know that you will be able to handle the news no matter what but we will hope for the best.

Lisa in Jax said...

I'm praying for you Robin!

I've heard many women who've had false positives. I chose not to have the test because of it.

I'll be praying.

Robin said...

Thank you all, so much. Your prayers mean a lot!

Anonymous said...

Robin, I will keep you and the baby in my prayers. There are so many false positives with the triple screen test.

Did you have the nuchal fold test at 12 weeks?

Laura said...

Robin -
I will be praying for your and your precious baby.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

This brings back so many memories. They were telling me Stacia was most likely Downs up until she was born.....they also detected kidney abnormalities on the scans....but after one test here the docs released her....fine...perfect...well you know what I mean. I grew by leaps and bounds in my trust in God's ability to carry me during that pregnancy. In fact that was the season when God began to hammer home "joy" to me....thus her name Anastacia Joy (Resurrection Joy).

Your new little one continues to be in my prayers.