Sunday, June 15, 2008

homeschool conference

I've spent part of the last 3 days at our annual Christian homeschooling conference. I love attending this. Every year I get so refreshed and am reminded again why we began this journey. I feel so humbled and blessed that the Lord has given us these wonderful kids and tasked us to teach them.

I heard some amazing speakers, one of which was Voddie Baucham . If you ever get a chance to hear him speak, I highly recommend it.

Here's my haul this year:




The black things on the right are marshmallow guns. They had teens selling products they had made and we bought these for our boys. They - and Scott - have had endless fun already with them. I bought me and Brenna the tea set on the left that goes with a bible study. We hope to sit down together once a week to work on it and have some tea, just us girls.

I already have most of my curriculum for the year so I mainly needed to fill in gaps. I'm trying a couple new things with my high-schooler this year -- like the Drive Through History program and the literature guides.

I'm left to wonder, though, why they do the conference in June. When I leave, I'm always so excited about the new school year but we don't start until September. They should move it to August. =)







1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Good question. I know the reason we had ours (the year I planned it anyway) in the spring was so we could have it before everyone already had their purchases made for the coming school year.