Today, we went with friends to the Butterfly Pavilion. We haven't gone in a few years, since Aiden was an infant. So he was excited. I wasn't sure how he'd be about their resident tarantula, Rosie. But when asked if he wanted to hold her, he said "Sure" with no hesitation. He sure doesn't get that from me!! Brenna was a bit squeamish, but finally joined in. It didn't bother Conner a bit.
Then we moved on to much nicer things -- the butterflies. I have pictures from a visit in 2003 where me and the 3 older kids each had a butterfly land on us. And one even landed on Aiden who was a baby then. I showed them to Aiden last night, so he had in his mind that it would happen again.
He tried so hard to be still in the hopes one would alight on him. But although they seemed to like the heads of me, Conner and my friend Rachel, none landed on him. I promised another visit soon to try again.
Zane was fascinated by all the butterflies flitting about
3 comments:
Oh, we have such good memories of this place!
Did you know that there are several Rosies that rotate every few hours? I will say that my kids are brave, but I've NEVER touched her, YUCK!!
Terrific pictures of so many butterflies, Robin! I bet Conner was thrilled to have one land on him, even if he couldn't see it!
Thanks for the post!
Ok, I'd like to say I loved the pics, but.....well, you know.
Those are GREAT photos. LOVE the butterflies. We almost went there on our last visit, but we ran out of time.
Post a Comment