Yet somehow we haven't gone to a game this year. Usually we do at least 3-4. I suddenly realized there aren't too many home games left in the season, so I scrambled to find time for at least the boys and Scott to go.
They had a great deal going for games this homestand. So Scott and Conner headed out there tonight, Rockies shirts on and gloves in hand. They had terrific seats along the 1st base side, where a lot of foul balls go.
We turned the T.V. on and Chase (age 10) convinced Aiden (age 4) that if he sat and quietly watched, he'd probably see them. He eagerly perched on the edge of the couch. I cringed, knowing how unlikely it was and wondering how long he'd sit there before he felt duped.
Imagine my surprise when mere moments later, a ball was zinged down the 1st base foul area and the camera panned over the fans leaning down to try and grab it, and one of those fans was my husband. LOL And right behind him was Conner. We had Dish so we were able to rewind it and pause to see them better.
Unfortunately, I am not the technologically savvy one in the family so my attempt to record didn't work. But it was still fun. My 4yr old felt satisfied and my 10yr old felt smug. And me? I guess I'll try not to be so cynical next time.
Oh yeah -- and the Rockies won 9-2. =)
3 comments:
Oh, that's so awesome and funny!!
That is SO cool!!! We've been to a couple of Rockies games, only because I was able to use tickets from a big law firm that I worked for. I don't care too much about the baseball, but it's fun to people watch! (And my aunt in Pennsylvania saw us on tv too but didn't recognize us at the time!)
How cool that he spotted them on TV!
Post a Comment