He is doing wonderfully. I took him to his regular pediatrician yesterday for a checkup and he said he looks great. He is down to 7lbs10oz but judging by the way he's eating, I think he will put the ounces back on quickly.
It's not quite been the quiet, relaxing, get-to-know-you few days I usually have after a new baby comes home. My parents came down the morning after Declan was born and my dad started looking for a project he and Scott could work on while my mom helped me with the kids.
We recently had a dishwasher leak in our kitchen and it made a small section of the floor warp, so they decided to redo our floor. The plan was to knock it out before me and Declan came home. However, the best-laid plans, right?
They came across a couple obstacles so I ended up coming home to a bit of disarray. As in, my stove and dining table were in the living room, my dishwasher was in the front yard...you get the picture.
My dad and Scott definitely work fast, though. I had a new floor by evening. The next day they worked on a new pantry and today was finish work.
Thank you, Mom and Dad!

With proud big brother:


Ah, that's better:

So while not relaxing, this week has been productive! LOL My parents left for home today and so me, Scott and the kids will now settle into our new family life. Dear friends have been bringing meals and that has been such a blessing.
Here's a few shots of our newest member:
With proud big brother:
Sooo tired:
Ah, that's better:
3 comments:
Robin, your new floor looks great.
Baby Declan is beautiful.
Those late nights the first few weeks are some of my fondest memories...Enjoy your little one.
The best-laid plans...literally! What a great new floor and pantry--looks awesome!!! So, what do I have to do to have your parents jump in their little RV and head this way? I know your dad didn't lose anything in Florida, but I'm sure he could find something to do here! hehe
The baby is beautiful, and Zane looks like he's filling his role of big brother so well already. I hope you have a more restful week ahead, and congrats again to the whole family. :) xoxo
Post a Comment