Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday

Today I took the first step back into our normal routine after having the baby. We attended our weekly homeschool bowling league. It didn't go too badly. Declan was oohed and aahed over, of course. Mostly I worried about keeping track of Zane and Aiden while taking care of the baby. Overall, things were fine.


I'd forgotten that the trickiest part about taking a newborn anywhere is managing his feeding schedule. I fed him right before we left home, but he was still a very hungry boy by the time we got back. I could have fed him there, but I'm glad he waited.


This evening, Scott helped the kids carve their pumpkins.







The finished result:

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Nice pumpkins. I always wished the step back into "normalcy" wouldn't come so soon after a baby... It seems like those first few days can't be savored long enough.