I let Aiden watch an episode of "Blues Clues" this morning while I worked with the older kids on writing. He ran out to us, excited and said "They are talking about contraptions (see the above 4yr old pronunciation) and I want to make one. So when Chase finished his work, they headed outside to see what they could come up with. This is it:

The idea is to push the truck down the ramp, which pulls on the string attached to the cup of bird seed:

The cup is lifted up to the branch, where I guess the birdies are supposed to come along and find their feast. LOL Aiden was very excited about the whole project.

And hey -- this counts as schooling, right? =)
6 comments:
How cute! I've seen this episode and always thought it was a good one. He looks so proud!
Awww, how cute is he? What a good idea, too.
What a great contraption. It looked like fun.
Of COURSE this counts as schooling! Isn't it a blessing that the kids have the freedom (and time) to come up with something like this? Very cool!!!!
You bet it counts! I can see you're another one of those FUN SCHOOLERS!
You bet it counts! I can see you're another one of those FUN SCHOOLERS!
Post a Comment