Well, we survived the first week. =) Here's a quick recap:
Day One (Tuesday): I gave the kids the option of going out for breakfast or lunch. They chose breakfast so we headed off to Denny's. Back at home, I gave them their new supplies and we talked about what period we're studying this year -- Rome to the Reformation.
We did Bible, history, math and vocabulary. We also discussed Roman numerals and learned a couple Latin words -- unus and duo. We finished by lunch. It went well, with good attitudes all around.
Day Two (Wednesday): This day didn't start out as well and the blame falls squarely on my shoulders. I was up a little late the night before so when Zane woke up to nurse at 4 (what's that about?? LOL), I then went back to bed and didn't get up until the kids did. I have been trying to be up before them to pray, have my coffee and check email.
So I felt behind from the beginning of the day. We did get through the subjects I'd planned but not as joyfully. =) Plus Zane had a runny nose and thought that entitled him to be held constantly. (And he's right *grin*).
Day 3 (Thursday) I learned my lesson from the day before and was up early. We got everything accomplished that I'd planned. In the afternoon, we attended a homeschool bowling party.
Day 4 (Friday) This day is Friday School. Chase took a chess class and a Presidential Fitness class, and Cub Scouts. Brenna took Beginning Sewing, Learn to Watercolor and Girl Scouts. Aiden took a class geared toward 4yr olds that is based on themes. The first day's them was animals. He came home with a snack and Bible verse to memorize. We also attended a picnic for our homeschool support group.
Most weeks we will do school at home M-Th and then attend Friday school. This week went well overall, we're learning which subjects take longer than others and how to keep the 4yr old occupied. Next week I hope to add in 1-2 more subjects.
More updates to come. =)
4 comments:
Good job! I know that the first week or two are always a little rough. Getting up early is definitely the secret to not feeling like your behind all day. It's been a hard month for us but I plan on getting back to schedule on Monday.
I'll pray for Zane's nose. Illness is no fun and it makes for a fussy baby.
Thanks for the prayers, Lisa. His nose is still icky today, but no new symptoms at least.
I will be praying for him! Hope he is feeling better soon!
Can you tell us more about the Presidential Fitness class? Sounds interesting.
I also have to get up early and get my day going before everyone else. How my morning starts usually dictates how the rest of the day will go!
Post a Comment