Chase and Brian playing chess in the tent
Rope-tying
They also went on a 3 mile hike.
So far scouts has been a great thing for Chase to be involved in. He plays baseball in the summer, but when that ended last fall we looked around for something for him to join. He didn't want to play any other sports so I tried to contact a scout troop in our area. Nobody ever got back to me.
We moved on with our school year, and then later in September a friend from church mentioned her son was in scouts. It turned out it was a homeschool troop and they also offered Girl Scouts on the same day, at the same location. Score!
So I enrolled Chase in Cub Scouts and Brenna in Brownies. He has loved it ever since. He is very creative and inventive, and he really gets to put those qualities to use within the troop. It's been a great match for him.
3 comments:
When our girls were younger I also tried to only sign up for things that they could both attend at or near the same time and at or near the same location! It sure makes it easier on the schedule! SCORE, for sure. WAY TO GO!
AND these are lovely photos too! The skies are very different here, we see that clear blue most often in the mornings, and not a lot of those puffy white clouds.
I know you're not posting these for me, but I can pretend!
:)
My, that IS a big tent! hehe I'm so glad you found a good match for your second child--I think we're still looking! :)
Post a Comment