Every week, we drive by an outdoor pool that features a couple slides. And every week, Aiden asks to go there. For most of the year I can happily reply that it's closed until summer. But there are those pesky 3 months between Memorial Day and Labor Day when it is indeed open.
Last summer we had the best of intentions to take him there at least once, but it never happened. He did get to go to other pools. With even better slides. And we went on a super road trip to Florida where he got to play in the biggest pool of all -- the ocean.
But still he had this desire -- need, he insisted -- to go to that particular pool. So I said we would go this summer for sure as I endured the can-we-please-go-there question week after week.
This last week I realized in shock -- it will be closed Monday for the season. This coming Monday. As in, no more time for excuses. Scott was out of town for work all week and I wasn't looking forward to taking all 5 alone, but I was determined.
Then I got a pleasant surprise. Scott got back early on Friday. So we threw on the bathing suits and headed out. It turned out to be the perfect time to go. The weather wasn't too hot, and most kids were still in school. We had the place mostly to ourselves.
The cost for 5 non-residents: $21. The time spent searching for all the suits, towels, sunscreens, etc.: at least 30 minutes. Seeing the above smile on my son's face: priceless.
3 comments:
GREAT looking pool, Robin! It must be a park & rec pool, those are the greatest! We used to enjoy APEX, through North Jeffco, and we even drove a few times up from CSpgs.
Looks like FUN! Well worth the effort, I'm sure.
Love it! Fun post! Aiden's smile IS priceless!
Post a Comment