Scott and Chase went to a 2-day scout camp this past weekend. Chase was overjoyed, he's been wanting to camp forever. We realized the last time we went as a family was 5 years ago! Oops. We'll have to rectify that when the baby is a bit older.
I sent Scott with a camera and orders to take lots of pictures and he listened. What a great hubby!
There were a lot of activities set up. The scouts were put into color groups, and rotated through each activity.
Chase lining up his shot with the BB gun
His target
Trowing a Tomahawk
Preparing for Archery
They also went on hikes, had campfires and flag ceremonies, and had free time. Chase chose to spend his swimming and kayaking.
They came home sore and tired, but Chase didn't stop talking for over an hour, telling me all the details. Wonder who he gets that from?? It was a wonderful bonding trip for them, too.
6 comments:
Cool! My hubby was an Eagle Scout & I have lots of photos from when he went to camp. My hubby realizes my obsession, um, the importance of photos. LOL He is pretty good about taking them too - for the most part. :-) (Lisa in ME from SHS)
WoW! I'm sure they did have a good time! It looks beautiful there. I bet they slept for days after!
What a fun time! Looks like they had a blast!
Looks like lots of fun! That was Cris's favorite part of Scouts--the camping. I wonder if my Brownies would like that....lol!
We've never done anything with scouts. The camp looks like GREAT FUN!
Amy,
My husband sure wanted to sleep for days! LOL But alas, he had to go back to work. His calves were sore from all the hiking.
Emily,
They did have a great time. My son soaked up the one-on-one attention from his dad.
Cynthia,
I was a Brownie co-leader for my daughter and we did some camping. I convinced my husband he needed to do all the boy scouts stuff!
Post a Comment