Sunday, July 15, 2007

the weekend


Our weekend was spent running errands and doing projects. Scott did some needed work on the Suburban. He replaced the shocks and in doing so, discovered the brakes were pretty bad, so he replaced those too. We also had somebody come out to put in a new windshield. Here in Colorado, it's so hard to have an uncracked one. They put gravel on the roads when it snows and it gets tossed right into the windshield by large trucks. Every vehicle I've ever owned has gone through a couple windshields. Here's hoping this one lasts awhile!

We went to the Saturday evening church service. The topic was grace. One of the things that jumped out at me was that grace sometimes comes from unexpected people or places. It doesn't always look the way we expect it to. That's so true. Like the wonderful lady who paid for our dinner Friday night.

We also took the kids to get haircuts. Here are before and afters:


Aiden before
Aiden after

Chase before


Chase after



Conner before


Conner after?? Oh wait -- I forgot. This is my teenager who has now decided he wants his hair long. LOL

No hair TO cut! =)

Brenna just got the tiniest bit of a trim. She is wavering between wanting a very short bob or growing her hair out. So we're somewhere in the middle right now. Her before and after were almost exactly the same, so I just posted one.


This coming week is VBS. This year, Conner is too old and Zane is too young, so the 3 of us will be hanging out together while the others attend. It's Aiden's first time going, he is so excited! I can't wait to hear about it from him tomorrow.

4 comments:

stacey said...

Cute pics! I have to laugh about Conner's, because Nick's B's and A's are hard to tell apart too!

lynchpin said...

I love the before and after pictures what a fantastic idea.

Cynthia said...

Long hair for older boys does seem to be the style these days.

As for the windshields... we have 5 ot 6 big chips in ours right now. We have lots of gravel roads around here, too.

Lisa in Jax said...

LOL. It took me a minute before I read the caption. I was trying to SEE the haircut of your oldest.LOL Really cute befores and afters.