Friday, July 06, 2007

Got my girl back!


Each summer, my kids take turns spending a week or two up at their grandparents' house in the mountains. Brenna has been there for 2 weeks now, and we drove up to get her yesterday. She had a great time. It's always nice for them to have their grandparents all to themselves. Of course, that make adjusting back to life with siblings that much tougher. =)

I've really missed her. We are the only girls in the house, so when she's gone, I feel the lack of female companionship. My boys are loads of fun, but there definitely is a difference, isn't there?

Welcome Home, Boo!

3 comments:

berrypatch said...

I sympathize with you. I'm in the mom of three boys. My dog is female though & I live right next door to my MIL so I can have some female companionship. In our homeschool group - out of the five families that spend the most time together - we have only two girls. :-) (Lisa in ME from SHS)

Cynthia said...

Ok.. now I see that you were going to get your dd back! Do each of the kids take a turn staying there? FUN!

Robin said...

Cynthia,

Yes -- each summer, we try to get each of the kids up there by themselves.

They love it and it allows my parents to get to make memories with them individually.

They do get awfully spoiled, though, and it takes a couple days to get them back into the fold of the family and its rules. We call it the "granny hangover". LOL