My favorite route is through Poudre Canyon. It's just gorgeous, but the road is very circuitous. We discovered that so far 2 of our 5 children don't do well driving that way. But this time I only had 3 of the kids with me, so we tried it. Unfortunately, one of them did end up sick on the side of the road. But he was a trooper about it! (name withheld at the puker's request)
It rained off and on and since I was driving, I wasn't able to take many pictures. Conner snapped these of the Cache la Poudre river. It was running very high at the lowest end of the canyon, and we saw loads of rafters.


This rock is called Sleeping Elephant. If you look closely, you can see what looks like a curled-up elephant.

My parents own a motel in their small mountain town. This is the view across the street.

This will be a short visit, we head back home tomorrow.
7 comments:
Robin, I'm wondering if you're the SHSer in Denver who reads my blog every night?
Great photo by Conner! I've always LOVED the name "Cache La Poudre." It sounds so dashing and romantic, lol!
I recently found Sea Bands, which look like sweat bands and go on your wrist, with a small knob pressing a pressure point and relieving my motion sickness. I used them on our recent trip to Pikes Peak too. I've always had the unfortunate title as champion barfer . . .
Kristine,
That would be me! =) I try to read through some SHS blogs each night, and yours has become one of my favorites.
I have a question -- how do I tell where a reader is visiting from?
I will have to have him try the Sea Bands next time, thanks!
The "Sleeping elephant" mountain was way cool! I love living in the western mountains of Maine, but I'm pretty sure your mountains would make ours look like mere hills. :-) (Lisa in ME from SHS)
Nice pics. Glad you were able to get away for a visit.
Oh, Robin, I am terrible about reading back on others' blogs to see if my comments have been commented on !
Okay, bravenet has fun blog counters, but it's difficult to get a visitor location.
Sitemeter isn't as cute, but you can get cities of visitors, along with what pages they visit, where they are referred from, and more. Both are free; just check out their websites!
You'll have to share with me off blog where you live! You probably know that we lived in Littleton for many years, my husband grew up there! (There's a link on my sidebar to email me.)
:)
Kristine,
Thank you!
Lisa,
We do have beautiful, big mountains. But I've always wanted to visit Maine!
Post a Comment