Friday, July 27, 2007

Mountain bound



Today we headed to the mountains again. We dared to drive the curvy route, even with kids who suffer from motion sickness. We bought Sea Bands for 2 of the kids and they seemed to work ( thanks Kristine! ) because nobody got sick. Woohoo!

We stopped partway up the canyon to stretch our legs and take a few pictures. There were plenty of rafters even with the cooler, rainy weather.



Zane wasn't sure about the cool river water




Maybe it's not so bad

My 5 Blessings



me and my hubby


We arrived in Walden around noon and went to lunch with my parents (see previous post about the lemon). We will be running their motel for them this weekend while they help move my grandparents to North Dakota. I'll blog more on that later.

It's much cooler up here than down in the city. And it's so nice to breathe the fresh, clean air. Denver is so congested now that unfortunately the air quality has suffered greatly. We have often discussed moving up here. Someday, maybe.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Well, I'm glad the SeaBands helped. But I'm sure you are more glad than I am, lol!

Cynthia said...

How nice that you're able to go up there and take care of their place for them for the weekend! Sounds like a wonderful spot.